Duration: 75 minutes
- Sharon Leon, Director of Public Projects at the George Mason Center for History and New Media
- James Gardner, Senior Scholar, National Museum of American History
- James Loewen, author of Lies My Teacher Told Me
- Joan Brodsky Schur, educator
Panelist Questions Included:
- How has our understanding of the 9/11 attacks changed over the last ten years?
- Are there lessons learned from the teaching of past events that can inform our teaching of this one?
- What issues should we think about when teaching about September 11?
- How might we help students evaluate information they see and hear about this event?